An Evening Episode
Kelly is in Geneva, and I wrote this in an email to her, and thought it was eminently bloggable. Also, I told it to Laura. So, really, that's 100% of the blog readers, I think.
After reading stories and a nighttime small bottle, Gov and I had this exchange.
Me: Ok. Night Night Gov
G: night night
Me: You want your blanket?
G: Ya. Blank't
Me: Ok. Night Night
5 minutes pass
G: Daaaady ... Daaaaddy ... (nice and low, almost conversational)
Me: What's up Gov? It's time for sleeping
G: twaktah
Me: What?
G: twaktah
Me: Which tractor? the tractor and trailer or the regular green one
G: weg'lah twak'tah
Me: ... Goes to get the john deere and drop it off ... nothing says 'cuddle' like hard metal toys as I've posted here before.
G: (looks at tractor) twaktah n twailah, twaktah n twailah (again, conversational, not whiny or anything, just kind of matter-of-fact-like)
Me: Takes away the john deer, brings the tractor n trailer
G: Ya, twaktah n twailah.
Me: Ok Gov, night-night. I'll see you in the morning
G: a b c d e f g ...
He's obsessed with the alphabet, and knows it all, allowing for some hilarious pronunciations. He also seems to get gummed up at 'H' which sounds a lot like 'X' and can quickly bring the song to an end.
He's also requesting the Beatles 'Good Day Sunshine' more in the car, which is a relief from 'The Garbage Truck' song or the Wagon song that he requests generally 3 seconds after he's in his car seat. I'm going to need to work on getting some Ramones or Clash in there...
After reading stories and a nighttime small bottle, Gov and I had this exchange.
Me: Ok. Night Night Gov
G: night night
Me: You want your blanket?
G: Ya. Blank't
Me: Ok. Night Night
5 minutes pass
G: Daaaady ... Daaaaddy ... (nice and low, almost conversational)
Me: What's up Gov? It's time for sleeping
G: twaktah
Me: What?
G: twaktah
Me: Which tractor? the tractor and trailer or the regular green one
G: weg'lah twak'tah
Me: ... Goes to get the john deere and drop it off ... nothing says 'cuddle' like hard metal toys as I've posted here before.
G: (looks at tractor) twaktah n twailah, twaktah n twailah (again, conversational, not whiny or anything, just kind of matter-of-fact-like)
Me: Takes away the john deer, brings the tractor n trailer
G: Ya, twaktah n twailah.
Me: Ok Gov, night-night. I'll see you in the morning
G: a b c d e f g ...
He's obsessed with the alphabet, and knows it all, allowing for some hilarious pronunciations. He also seems to get gummed up at 'H' which sounds a lot like 'X' and can quickly bring the song to an end.
He's also requesting the Beatles 'Good Day Sunshine' more in the car, which is a relief from 'The Garbage Truck' song or the Wagon song that he requests generally 3 seconds after he's in his car seat. I'm going to need to work on getting some Ramones or Clash in there...
Comments
Happy New Year to all of you.
Jane