Gov's Rules - The Coat

There are no rules about getting dressed, but one.

Shirt before pants? No problem.

Pants before shirt? Ok.

Socks first? Sure. Left first or right? Doesn't matter.

But...

When putting on a coat, if your Mom or Dad are holding it up for you, your left arm MUST go in first.

This is true even if your Dad notices this pattern and holds the right arm of the coat right next to your right hand.

Gov will spin around to get the left arm in first.

I have sometimes made him do circles by just holding the right arm of the coat out and as he tries to spin and get the left arm first, I just keep spinning the coat around to keep the right arm lined up.

He doesn't even seem to be aware of it - he just keeps spinning, trying to get his left arm in first.

Good times.

This is getting less obvious now that we just chuck the coat on the ground and let him put it on himself.

But, for nostalgia, I will still play this game from time to time.

Comments

Popular Posts