Gov's Rules - Drinks
Expect to see a few more of these as long as I remain gainfully unemployed.
Gov is coming on 4, but still drinks milk from a bottle. I suppose we could just chuck the bottles, but we don't really care; it's not like he's going to go to university and will still be drinking milk from a bottle (it will be another kind of bottle, no doubt).
So,
-------------------------------------------
Drinks Rule
Milk is drunk from a bottle, and only a bottle.
And, only milk is drunk from a bottle.
-------------------------------------------
Honestly, I find it fascinating...
Everything else is drunk from a cup, glass or whatever. But, milk? Well, drinking that from a cup just isn't done. At best, he might take a sip or two from a cup, but will then ask us if we can put it in a bottle for him.
Also, when asking for milk, one does not simply say, "Can I have some milk, please". You must say, "Bottle-full-of-milk, please". Not just "Bottle, please" or "milk in a bottle, please", but always, ALWAYS, "Bottle-full-of-milk, please".
Bottle-full-of-milk is also generally said as if it was one word. In fact, early on when he was just beginning to speak, Kelly often thought he might be saying, "Bottle-for-milk", but slowly it was clear that it was "Bottle-full-of-milk". He will sometimes slow it down and emphasize every sylable, but the full phrase is always used.
And again, it is only milk, and only regular white milk. Chocolate milk? No problem drinking that from a cup.
It is definitely a soothing thing for him. Something that says, "I'm done. That was good". Like a smoker needs a cigarette after a meal to signify the end of the meal, or that warm feeling of a good coffee anytime.
Good for the soul.
Bottle-full-of-milk.
Comments