Hello from Ghana
Hello?
Yes. Hello?
Yes. I would like to reserve a room.
Hello? Hello?
Yes. I would like to reserve a room.
1 room with double bed.
Hello? yes. 1 room with double bed.
===
Welcome to using a phone in Ghana. Each conversation will begin with 3 or 4 Hello's and then, maybe, you can get your point across. In truth, the phone call I've made here was okay - but I did the hello-thing just for fun. Listening to Chris make the phone calls was hilarious. And after struggling to understand each other, the hotel/resort will usually then ask for your phone number - like, they couldn't make out if you wanted 2 rooms or 1 room, but they're confident they will be able to take down a phone number accurately!
Just spent a week along the west coast visiting beaches and slave forts - the juxtaposition of these two things was an odd feeling to say the least. The forts here in Ghana are the only physical remains of the slave trade, and the tours were quite interesting. I hope to get some photo's up on our Flickr accounts soon.
So far, everything is going well. Govan is not sleeping as well as we wish he would! He is fascinated by a lot of things, and is very interested in his environment - he loves the sand at the beach, and going in the ocean. Being fearless, he wants to go deeper and deeper all the time. We had a blast running into and running away from the waves as they crashed on the beach.
Govan has received lots of attention from everyone - he's a big ham, and will wave at everyone so he's a big hit. He also received a marriage proposal at the Elmina Fish Market!
Stand by for Photos...
_________________________________________________________________
Comments