Robin Red Breast

So, we spent the Canada Day weekend in Bala at Gord's cottage before coming home to Canada Day on the Hill meeting up with Syb, Adam and the girls. Good times were had by all, or at least us. I hope to post up some videos and pics from that some time.

When we left, there were a few light blue robin's eggs in a nest on the sill of our bathroom window.

We pulled back the window to show Govan the little eggs - this was not pleasing to momma and poppa Robin, but they are squatting on our property after all. There's a perfectly good tree in the backyard after all. I guess they prefer the urban loft lifestyle and the industrial lines of poured concrete, glass and red brick.

Anyway, Govan was quite intrigued by it all. He seemed fascinated by the nest on the sill, the eggs inside (and the baby birds inside the eggs, assuming he was listening to any of the crap Kelly and I were babbling on about). But the fact that a Robin was flying up to the window and chirping at us to move along was most intriguing!

When we got back from Bala, I thought I'd check in on our fowl neighbours... no longer blue eggs...


Baby Robins from D K on Vimeo.

Sadly, I checked in again this afternoon and didn't see all three. When I went around back to see what I could see... The Robin Matriarch and Patriarch were not impressed. Squawking and some dive bombing ensued.

Tomorrow we plan to go out on a bike ride to the beach.

The bikes and baby trailer are in the shed in the back yard.

I need to walk through the Robin gauntlet to get to said bikes and trailer.

Squawking, dive-bombing and hilarity may ensue.

I'm thinking that some more video will be in order...

I also can't stop thinking of Hitchcock's movie, The Birds





----------------
Now playing: Danny and Dave - Blue, Red and Grey (The Who)- The Wenona Lodge Tape
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular Posts